Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Stone Traveler

      When sixteen-year-old Tag gets in big trouble, his mother decides she has had enough. Shipped off to his grandfather's cabin with his goody-goody cousin, Ethan, Tag expects to be bored the whole time. He doesn't expect to meet three strange men, "borrow" a magic stone and somehow wind up in the Ancient Americas. Quickly realizing that he is way out of his league, he tries to find a way back home. But when his new friends are placed in mortal danger, he must finally figure out who he really is. To do so, he must confront the past that has haunted him for years. Can he find the courage to save his friends and face his own inner demons? Find out in Kathi Oram Peterson's:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgw4Ge83secBbk8oWW7O7ZBLI3CNx-8gijCrO7G-DD8ZFnLHOabQSmnZzqDy-qOCM316qiY2wF5qh3EjpqK_WgE47OGFzX9_jS3g4VtpQf8Af4eIwW09NMSGNGJrTpI34ymmKTv4cV5cPo/s1600/Stone+Traveler+COVER++(1).jpg
Content Ratings-
Sexual content: mild (very small teenage crushes and flirtations)
Violence: mild (few descriptions and moments of battles between Lamanites and Jacobites)
Profanity: none

What was your favorite thing about this book?
M: I loved the vivid descriptions of the plants, animals, costume and people of Ancient America. The author put a lot of research into this book that pays off. I also loved Tag's character. I think Peterson managed to truly capture the essence of a struggling, confused teenager.

C: I loved how Tag grew. I also liked his first thoughts on the things he saw when he was transported back in time. The nicknames were hilarious. The characters formed bonds very well.


N: I also loved the description that was used. I loved how the characters grew throughout the book, instead of being boring and having them never learn anything. It was vivid and the characters grew quite a lot. The book made me laugh and I always love a book that can do that. Tag is a smart boy that learns a lot about life, friendship, and of course the power of scripture. The Stone Traveler teaches a great lesson. All in all I really enjoyed reading the book!


K: The first thing that stood out to me was the cover. It was very well done, and the same goes for the book. I liked how everyone worked together through the whole book to get things done. I also liked how Peterson showed Tag's change and recognition of things that connected with his life, and how he was different from the people back then in some ways, but not so different in other ways.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. This book was a great read and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

Live Support