Monday, May 9, 2022

The Imagined Attachment

An Imagined Attachment by Holli Jo Monroe was an interesting mix of ups and downs! The main character being lost in fanciful daydreams made me want to shake her out of them yet as she grows, all I wanted to do was cheer her on. 

The amount of personal growth on all sides with this book is truly amazing. I didn't just get a glimpse into two peoples lives, but many of the characters. 

Holli really knows how to draw an audience into the lives of the people she is writing about as if we are there. I felt like I made some new friends in this book as I could really relate. 

This story definitely hit a personal note for me because when I was a kid I often got lost in severe daydreams all the time! So much so that I often was chastised for them just like Elaine is in the story. Never grow out of them Elaine! 

The book itself is a mix between Pride and Prejudice and the Sabrina I grew up with. What a privilege it was to be able to read this book on the ARC team! I absolutely fell in love with Holli's books forever now!! 

"It was fortunate he had not spoken more plainly at the ball. If he had declared himself out right and been rejected, life would be unbearable. At least now his feelings were known only to himself. The shame was his alone to bear."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Support