Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Opinion and Evidence: Books trumps movies

Sorry about the neglect. However, in that time I have read good books. Two of my favorites are Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson and Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke.

My opinion: Books are better than movies.
Evidence: My family and I sat on the couch closely listening to the 4 books of Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians just like one would be while watching a movie. However, we weren't actively destroying our brain cells. We could, or at least I could see the story unfold just as well as if it was on a screen.
Not to discredit the Hallmark movies of Janette Oke's books but I highly recommend reading the books. It is really different than the movie. Things are changed and left out but I do give credit to the director to take and make what he did from the books to the movies. However, my opinion remains that books are better than movies. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good movie.

What's your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love books so much more than movies! In fact, when I am reading a book sometimes I mistake it as a really good movie because I can visualize everything so well!

    ReplyDelete

Live Support